Alshahid media and research centre conducts a two day workshop in Mogadishu.
The workshop which will run from 14th -15th April was attended by the different fraternities of the civil society including prominent Somali scholars, traditional, civic and religious leaders was held in the Sahafi hotel in Mogadishu.
The main issues discussed at lengthy were the two terms of peace and reconciliation.
At the workshop, attendants were given lectures on what it means peace building at society level and political reconciliation.
The main points that the workshop touched on included:
1) Peace building at society level and its position for the development of a society.
2) The pillars of peace building at society level.
3) What contributes to the peace building at society level?
4) What threatens peace building?
5) Peace building: at family level, in educational institutions, worship places, job places and business places.
6) Islam and peace building at society level
7) Reasons that led to Somalia not getting a peace building process that result in a long lasting peace.
8) How peace can be restored in Somalia
9) The position of learning institutions, Islamic centres, and media fraternity in restoring and sustaining peace in Somalia
10) The relationship between peace building in the society and political reconciliation.
11) The pillars of reconciliation
12) What can help bringing a lasting political reconciliation in Somalia?
13) The obstacles before political reconciliation in Somalia
14) Reconciliation with in the government
15) Reconciliation with in the opposition groups
16) Reconciliation between the government and opposition groups
17) What led to the failure of the past reconciliation efforts
18) The conditions for a successful reconciliation
19) The position of the scholars, journalist, women groups, religious, civic and traditional leaders in reconciliation.
This workshop comes at a time when the conflict in Somalia is entering its worst stage and its dimensions exceeding the regional level.