Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Africa  >  Current Article

Parents of terror suspect call for his arrest

By   /  May 2, 2015  /  No Comments

    Print       Email

The parents of one of the four wanted, Issa Abdallah Kauni, Friday admitted that their son disappeared in November last year.

Mr Abdalla Mohammed, the father of the 22-year-old, whose photo was released by police among three others linked with Al-Shabaab terrorists, asked the government to bring him back home to stand trial. Speaking at his home in Malindi, Mr Mohammed said his son disappeared from Kilifi County headquarters where he was the driver of Education Executive Salma Muhdin.

Mr Kauni is the only son and third child of his mother, Riziki Mwalimu. His father is polygamous. He was born in 1991 and educated at Sir Ali bin Salim Primary School and Progressive Secondary School in Malindi. “We’ve searched for him without success. We have gone to the police and mortuaries and made announcements in radios and newspapers to no avail,” the mother said.

Kilifi County government Human Resource Department published a public notice on November 30 announcing Kauni as lost. Mrs Mwalimu said they were surprised to see her son’s name and pictures linking him to terrorism. The suspected terrorists are Mr Abulkadir Abubakar Abdulkadir, Mr Kauni and two brothers Mr Hussein Said Omar aka Babli and Mr Ahmed Said Omar aka Dogo. “He was a very good boy. We educated him through difficulties and he used to help us before he disappeared. We want the government to help us trace him,” she said, adding that she did not believe her son was a terrorist. Mr Mohammed said the family’s greatest desire was to see if Kauni would be jailed or set free.

Source: Daily Nation

    Print       Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You might also like...

What matters should really be studied for the UPSC examination?

Read More →